Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Don't Knit and drink...Or don't drink and leave your sharp DPN's on the floor..

Last night I had a knitting and cocktail accident. It wasn’t oh I knit all these stitches wrong kinda accident though..

We were having some very strong cosmos last night and I was working on a sock while we talked, drank, and watched a movie. As the evening progressed I stopped knitting because I did not want to mess up my sock so it ended up on the floor on top of my purse. So later in the evening I was getting up to pet the dog and I musted have stepped down wrong and ended up with a sharp metal knitpicks DPN in the side of my foot threw my blue jeans. I think it went in somewhere between and half to an inch into my foot but I could be wrong everything was kinda fuzzy.

So I pulled it out and checked the wound and it bled a bit but not to bad. But it hurts today so we’ll see how it goes. Luckily I am up to date on my tetanus shots.

3 comments:

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Too funny. I hadn't thought about knitting as a dangerous hobby before!

knittingdragonflies said...

Now that's a knitting injury!!
Love your blog
Vicki

Unknown said...

Thanks!